Monday, July 30, 2007

Rain, wonderful rain!

I have been hoping for a good rain for almost two weeks now it seems. Everything is very dry and the grass has been having a hard time keeping up with the alpacas in their pasture. Three days ago we had a huge thunder and lightning storm... but no rain. Then on Saturday it got real overcast and the wind kicked up and Neil was sure it was going to rain... but no rain.

Finally, last night just past midnight, I heard the rain on the metal roof. What a joyous sound! I laid awake for a while listening to it and imagining the grass sighing relief. When I got up this morning the ground was still wet so it must have rained a good part of the night. All the animals were out munching on the wet grass in the pastures. I was a good sight.

I waited to see if it would dry off before making a plan for the day. It stayed moist all morning and then after lunch it started to rain again! I nice solid steady rain for an hour or so. Rain can be such a wonderful thing when you have been without it for a period of time.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't start painting on the barn again today... we stayed snuggled inside the house playing games (and me cleaning up).

No comments: