Thursday, July 26, 2007

A day off to play.

My original plan was to continue painting today. Plans don't always go as they should... and that can be a good thing.

After chores this morning Evan asked if we could go somewhere today to ride his scooter. At first I told him I needed to paint the barn today but after thinking about it for a few minutes I decided the barn could wait until tomorrow. So, we packed up the scooter and the Kettler tricycle and headed into town to go play at the playground/park. The kids had a great time and met a new friend. We stayed until almost three in the afternoon before heading home finally.

When we got home and I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner McKayla piped up with PIZZA! What a great idea! So, into the bread machine with the pizza dough while we relaxed and rehydrated from our day outside in NC heat. Once the dough was done the kids helped to make their own pizzas with sauce and cheese. They turned out very yummy!

I ended up doing chores later then usual since I was inside cooking pizza durring my ususal time. But, with the kids inside watching Dirty Jobs and munching on pizza it was nice to be outside by myself just after dusk. The cows and donkeys were racing around the pasture in the cool evening air and the chickens had already put themselves to bed.

It was a very good day... even though it's not what I planned.

No comments: