Sunday, March 15, 2009

Noodle's new cria...

I snapped this photo of Noodle's new cria this morning. He is doing really well and nursing fine. He will stay in the stall in the barn with his dam until the rain stops and it drys up a bit outside. This is Noodle's third cria and she is being an excellent mom.

The one thing odd about this little guy is his ears... they are curved up over his head. I noticed this yesterday after he was born and figured it was because his head was stuck in the birth canal for so long and that they would correct themselves. They still may, but as of today they are still curved up over his head. I wonder if this is the way they developed while he was in-utero instead of being flat back against his neck. It will be interesting to see how they change as he grows.

1 comment:

Farmchick said...

Oh my, what a cute baby! I have always wanted an alpaca!!

Thanks for following my blog!