Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Spring!

I began our day today with a batch of fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Oh so good! They were so simple to make since the bread machine made the dough for me. McKayla helped roll out the dough and sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon. I let them rise one more time after assembly and then into the oven for 25 minutes! Once baked I drizzled (ok... drenched) them with icing. A treat for sure. Neil ate three and then proclaimed he could not move and was done for the day!



Today is the first day of Spring! It is also Neil's farther's birthday... Happy Birthday!

We ended up taking a trip to Lowe's as a family to order the lumber to finish the barn. Get the red paint and a few other odds and ends. On the way home we stopped at the garden center to get more ingredients for filling my garden boxes. As a last stop we stopped at the tire center on the road to our farm and asked if he had any used tires I could have to grow our potatos in. He was more then happy to give me all the tires I wanted! We came home with 12 16" (interior size) tires. Now I just need some staw to fill the tire walls and I can plant my potatos!

Just before dusk I got another garden box layered with newspapers, three layers of cardboard and filled with soil and the grid in place on the first garden box. Got too dark to plant seeds tonight... that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Neil got a bon fire going with some of the scrap wood that was around. The kids loved that as they have never been around a big fire before. They ran around the yard looking for sticks to through in. They ended up getting very wet as Daddy would spray them with the hose every time them came close. The kids were so tired. After dinner they quickly fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie.

No comments: