Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I would like to report that for Father's Day we were lazy and just relaxed all day... unfortunatly I can't. The day did start out with me making Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes though. Yummy! But after that we needed to get out and get stuff done around the farm. Now that Neil has started working we really only have the weekends to get some of the bigger projects done.

Today it seemed to be a lot of little projects but still we got a lot done. Neil built the sliding chicken door for the chicken coup so I don't have to keep sliding a heavy pallet up against the opening to keep the chickens in the coup at night. We built a brick planter in the front side yard. It covers an area that had a large boulder sticking out of the ground that we couldn't mow over anyway. We built the planter then put a liliac bush in the center for now. This will be a work in progress. I did more raking out behind the barn. There is just so much glass and trash I get overwhelmed at times. I can clean up an area and then walk back over it and pick up another handfull of glass bits. After it rains around here I know that I need to go around to look for more glass as the rain washes off the dirt on the pieces I couldn't see before. I guess I shouldn't give up hope it is so much better then it was only a few months ago but there is still such a large area I haven't even started on yet.

Neil had some things he needed to get done before work tomorrow but by 5pm we were ready to call it quits and go have some fun finally! We hooked up the boat and took it over to Lake Kerr in VA. We went to a different boat landing closer to Clarksville this time as it was late. We found a sandy beach and jumped in the lake to cool off from our day. After about an hour it was getting late and it was time to go. After getting the boat loaded up we stopped at a favorite reasturant in Clarksville... Mexican... for Neil's Father's Day dinner.

By the time we got home it was after nine, which ment feeding the animals in the dark. At least the chickens had put themsleves to bed and were all in the chicken house!

No comments: