The goat milk I cultured last night was the consistency of thick yogurt this morning... exactly as it should have been. I strained it through butter muslin tied the corners and hung it up to drain for eight hours. Every few hours I got it down and folded the curds to help release the whey. After the eight hours it had a nice firm texture that held together but would still crumble.
I got exactly 2 lbs of goat cheese (I did spill some as I was pouring it into the butter muslin). I split the 2 lbs into thirds, wrapped and froze two portions and the third went into the fridge... after a taste test on a cracker confirmed it was edible.... yummy!