Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My new love affair...

with a website, a book and bread!

If you haven't heard about the latest bread cooking craze described in the book "ARTISAN BREAD IN FIVE MINUTES A DAY" you must have your head in the sand. In a nut shell it is a method of bread baking that consists of mixing up a wet dough and storing it in the fridge until you need it. Making bread baking fast and easy (i.e. no kneading).

I have known about the book for awhile, even watched the authors demonstrate their technique on a morning show at one point. My blogging friend, M, over at Rabbit Hill Farm had told me months ago it was how she was making her bread. But, I was content with making my breads/doughs in the bread machine or with my sourdough starter. I didn't feel the need to spend the money on another bread cookbook... I was happy... or so I thought.

One day, a few weeks ago, while searching for a new bread recipe Google suggested the website for "ARTISAN BREAD IN FIVE MINUTES A DAY". I headed over and started reading their blog and I was sucked in! I wrote down the ingredients for the master recipe and headed over to Amazon.com to buy the book. That night I mixed up the master recipe and stashed it in the fridge so it would be ready to use as soon as the book arrived.

I have since used this great book and technique to make french baguettes, pizza and fochacia. Tonight I made these three small loaves for dinner. Fast, easy and yummy!

No comments: