Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Carolina Alpaca Celebration

I attended my first alpaca show this past weekend! It was the Carolina Alpaca Celebration in Concord, NC put on by Carolina Alpaca Breeders and Owners (CABO) of which we are a member.

I went up with three of our alpacas, Ore Hill Peter Piper, Enchanted Hill Celtic Woman and Heartsong Pure Joy. We traveled with two of the Buser's alpacas at Abbondanza Alpacas (where these three are currently agisting). It was lots of fun and I learned a lot about showing alpacas! We even came home with three ribbons... a 4th and two 6th places!

But what I enjoyed the most was meeting Marty McGee Bennett of CamaliDynamics and attending two of her mini classes. I really like the handling meathods that Marty teaches and hope to take one of her two day classes very soon. During the first of the mini classes Marty asked several of us to get our own alpacas so that we could use them in class... I got to go get Peter Piper and he did a wonderful job with everyone that worked with him! I was so proud of him!

No comments: